About pages are always weird to me because they open up a series of questions and complications.
- Do I write in the first person or the third person?
- How much information is enough?
- What brings in my personality without sounding cheesy or trite? I am a huge fan of terrible jokes after all.
- Should I like to my networks or use embeds when they are available?
- Who reads this stuff anyway?
- Is this real life?
And on and on it goes. Plus, isn’t this whole site just one big about page?
To get started, I’m adapting the content from my old site, which was just one long fancy about page. I’ll include some highlights from my career, some highlights from my comics and book work, and then just some links out to other places.
I’m working with WordPress’ new block system for the layout to see where the line between layout control really is. I’m still not the biggest fan of Gutenberg, but let me go into this with more open eyes then I’ve had in the past.