I’m Mal Jones, an illustrator and designer in Alexandria, VA.
I’m the co-owner of Rocketkoi, a small creative services firm that delivers big results for businesses and nonprofits. In the past, I’ve taught Web Design (didn’t do a terrible job) and Professional Services (did a much better job) at the University of Maryland, cleaned tables at a classic pizza place in Ocean City, MD, helped parents understand the best kids programming around, and worked at various consulting agencies.
- Rocketkoi (Current): Co-owner & Designer
- University of Maryland (2013-2015): Adjunct Professor, Graphic Design
- Speak Agent (2014-2016): Director of User Experience
- Forum One (2011-2014): Interactive Art Director
- PBS KIDS Digital (2003-2010): Senior Designer
- B.Dalton Booksellers (2002-2003): Cashier
- Dough Roller (pre-2002): Busboy
- Nomencreatures (2017)
- Jason Rodriguez (w), “A Present from a Small, Distant World” (2017), Magic Bullet
- “Home and Gingerbread”, Cartoonists Draw Blood Vol 1 (2015)
- Nate DiMeo (w), “Church and Adawan”, Colonial Comics Vol 1 (2014)
- Scott O. Brown (w), “Burn, Washington, Burn”, District Comics (2012)
- Marc Bryant (w), Overtime (2001)